11am - 6pm Weekdays

11am - 2pm Saturday

11 The Crescent

Leeds LS6 2NW

0113 2747800


Price Range: From to

Compare Listings

Can I stay longer than the agreed term of my tenancy?

Once the initial fixed term is coming to an end, it may be possible to continue the agreement for a further period of time by mutual agreement with Apex Homes. Please contact us.

How do I end my tenancy early?

When you enter into a tenancy agreement with your Landlord it will state how long this period is for. You are signing a fixed term agreement to occupy a property for a set period of time and you will be responsible for paying the rent and other charges for this set period. In a nutshell you cannot end your tenancy early unless some agreement is reached with the landlord (or his agent).

Can I redecorate or make any other alterations to the property?

You cannot decorate or alter the property without our consent.

Can my landlord increase my rent at anytime?

No, the tenancy agreement determines when and by how much your rent can be increased. Neither the landlord nor the tenant can alter the original tenancy agreement without the other party’s consent.

What is classed as reasonable wear and tear?

Fair wear and tear is the normal deterioration of an item in normal use, however it is a landlord’s decision on what is reasonable wear and tear and what is excessive dilapidation. Fair wear and tear is based on the length of the tenancy, the number and ages of the Tenants, the condition and ages of the items and the expected lifespan of these items. When you take posession of the property at the start of your tenancy, you will need to complete a form noting the condition of the property for reference.

Who is responsible for the TV licence?

The tenant is liable and must ensure that the address has a valid TV licence. The responsibility on who has to pay for the licence is usually stated in the Tenancy Agreement. However if the landlord provides a television with the property then they may pay for the TV licence, particularly in any communal areas, but the overall responsibility lies with the tenant.

What other costs will I have besides the rent?

These will vary but are most likely to include gas, electricity, telephone, water rates, council tax and contents insurance to cover your own possessions. We can discuss including bills in your rent for a small charge.

What am I, as a tenant, responsible for?

As a tenant you are responsible for:

Prompt payment of rent.

Prompt payment of gas, electricity, telephone and internet bills.

Reporting any damages and repairs to the property as early as possible to our maintenance office on works@apexhomes.biz or by calling 0113 2307839

Carrying out odd-jobs in the property such as changing light bulbs, ensuring the rooms are clean and so on.

Repairing any damage caused by you at the property which includes unblocking a sink or toilet which has been blocked due to your misuse.

When can I pick up the keys to my new home?

The Apex Homes local office will not release any keys to you until the commencement date of the tenancy agreement. It is imperative that by this date you and all members of your household have set up a standing order for your rent payments and all the guarantor forms with IDs have been submitted to us.

As a full-time student do I have to pay council tax?

A student does not have to pay council tax if they live in halls of residence or a house where all of the residents are students in full-time education. This is provided that all of the students in the house have supplied the council office with a copy of their tenancy agreement and student certificate.

Can I have my bills included in the rent?

Unfortunately we do not provide a bills inclusive deal however we do work alongside companies that can provide the service for you

Do I have to pay a deposit?

No, we do not require a deposit under most circumstances. We do, however, require a guarantor.

What is a rent guarantor and who do you accept as a guarantor?

A rent guarantor is a person who guarantees the landlord to pay your rent or any damages caused to your property. A guarantor can be anyone who owns a house or has an income exceeding £30,000.

Do I have to sign a lease with my landlord?

Not necessarily. In most cases, we as Apex Homes can sign on behalf of the landlord.

What ID do I need to show before I can move in?

We require proof of residency and proof of identity.

– For residency, we accept a recent (within the last 3 months) utility/ council tax/ mobile phone bill or a current tenancy agreement.

– For identity we require a photo style driving licence or passport. If you are not a UK citizen of the European Economic Union then you will need to provide evidence of official permission to live in the UK for the term of the proposed tenancy.

-In some circumstances, additional ID will be requested by the credit referencing agency.

I have been told that I need to pay an application fee when applying to take a property. What is this?

It is a contract administration fee when signing for a property.